Re: default desktop: availability on all arches

I think there could be two distinct sets of criteria:
  1. criteria for the premier desktop to suit most users - it's
counter-productive for portability to be a major factor in this
  2. criteria for the next-best desktop where 1. isn't practical -
portability, versatility and media size are much more important here

I think it is actually good to decide on a 2., so that we don't end up
with needless inconsistency like:
 * mipsel suggesting MATE as default if it can't handle GNOME
 * LXDE being the default on the small CD images (for offline installs)
 * kfreebsd with XFCE as a default because it was for wheezy

These are useful criteria for deciding what CD images we'd like, too.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org