Re: FW: Debian 7 iso Package seems broken

On 09/09/14 16:20, bruno evangelista wrote:
> [...] just before the computer crashes.  It happened the same thing.
> almost completes that operation (up to 83%) when you read
> "Preparing linux - image-3.2.0-4-powerpc64".

I think you might be seeing a kernel bug, or a hardware problem that is
triggered when the kernel post-inst scripts or initramfs hook are
running.  (I'm not sure why).

You may have more luck with the most recent snapshot of the testing
installer, with the small .iso available from:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/

Since not many people will have Power Mac G5s to test with, your
feedback on that could help a lot to make sure it is working for the
jessie release.

Thanks,
Regards,
--