Re: Debian 7 iso Package seems broken

On 08/09/14 21:35, bruno evangelista wrote:
> It almost completes that operation (up to 83%) when you read
> "Preparing linux - image-3.2.0-4-powerpc64"    and right there it always
> crashes.  At that point something makes the computer crash.

I'm not familiar with Power Mac G5 / powerpc, but if possible, you
should try to access the syslog console (Alt + F4) at that point, and
take a photo of that, which should have much more detail.

> Is the iso file corrupted? Broken?

I think that is probably not the reason.

But to verify this you would need to tell us the filename of the .iso
you used - and determine its SHA256 checksum, on whatever computer you
downloaded the .iso and created the CD.

If for example you downloaded CD-1 from here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.6.0/powerpc/iso-cd/

There is a list of correct SHA256 checksums published here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.6.0/powerpc/iso-cd/SHA256SUMS

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain