Ubuntu 14.04 installed and running....BUT

Hi Steve

1)

I absolute  love the fact that it is installed.  Well, it is not installed permanently in the computer.
I do not know how to do that yet.   Right now it is loading from the CD iso file.
Could you help me here, please?  How can I install it permanently in my computer?
If I get this done and working properly I might give up on Debian.

2)   But  the thing is I got a partial screen.  Most I got is a blank screen.

If I click on Dash Home (Top left) it will show me a panel  (Pictures 1 and 2).  But that is as far as it goes.

If I click on the commands on the very top (Pictures 6) they do not show anything after their initial drop down menu.    After that it does not matter what or where I click it will not show me anything.  The screen will continue to be a full blank.

On the top left (Pictures 7 and 8)  it does the same thing.

On the left side (Pictures 3,4 and 5)  of the screen besudes the "Dash Home" the other ones do not respond at all.

I know it is working but  I can't see anything.  As I said before, most I got is a blank screen.

It seems that I am so close to get it working properly.
Any idea to how fix these problems ?

I would appreciate if you could help me.

Bruno