Aw: Re: d-i: How is the installer for the bootloader called?

Hi Cyril,

> > That said, what's really missing for me to be able to provide install
> > medias which can install directly from debian-ports.org is, that those
> > two packages get back into the debian unstable archive.
>
> Since it's about hppa-only packages, I don't see how they could be added
> back to the main archive…

I think the only thing which is needed is that the source package gets
uploaded to unstable. For that it needs to change the suite from unreleased
to unstable. Of course the source package will then only be picked up for building
on hppa as soon as it hits the debian-ports archive (which is being automatically
filled by the debian archive).

> You may want to talk to debian-ports.org
> maintainers to see whether something could be arranged

Yes, I dropped Aurelien an email. Nevertheless I think the steps above are the right ones.

> (not sure unreleased would help since it's a separate suite).

Yes, needs to change to unstable.

> > They have been moved to the attic in the git repos in the past.
>
> If packages get uploaded somewhere again, moving the repositories out of
> the attic is trivial.

That would be great!

Thanks,
Helge