Re: d-i: How is the installer for the bootloader called?

Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> (2014-04-10):
> The udebs for partman-palo and palo-installer are included on the CDs.
> But during installation, those don't seem to be called and/or
> installed.  Maybe someone here on the list can give me a hint,
> how/when the debian partitioner (or who else?) calls which bootloader
> is being installed? Any hint here would be great!  Are trace files
> written somewhere, which would enable me to debug this?

/var/log/syslog might be your friend, as usual. Anyway, I had some
traces with anna/libdi in debug mode, and it appears packages taking
care of bootloader-related stuff have “Provides: bootable-system”,
which finish-install depends on. There might be some “isinstallable”
script that needs doing the right thing for your package to be
considered a valid candidate.

Mraw,
KiBi.