Re: RFC: removing Mirrors.masterlist from .gitignore in choose-mirror

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> [ Side notes:
>    1. It's a serious bug to depend on the network;
>    2. It's also not deterministic to allow failure in doing so. ]

Have you ever looked at the debian-installer source package's network
use? I'm just saying. If I were throwing arbitrary rules out there, I'd
add:

3. Committing redundant data to version control is wrong.

But I have another rule that superscedes all 3:

0. Ignore arbitrary rules when you have the time to think for yourself.

Personally, I think that the way choose-mirror handled
Mirrors.masterlist was fine. Note that it didn't fail if
there was a network problem.

--
see shy jo