Re: RFC: removing Mirrors.masterlist from .gitignore in choose-mirror

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
> Hi,
>
> some background: choose-mirror is a bit special in that it fetches
> during the source build (when online) an updated version of the mirror
> list[1] and embeds it into the source package. The Said file is
> .gitignore'd, meaning it doesn't show up in choose-mirror's git repo /
> history. This also means it's difficult to track the differences between
> releases, notice possible issues in the list, etc.
>
>  1. http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/mirror/Mirrors.masterlist?revision=HEAD
>
> I'm thinking about removing it from .gitignore, and about tracking it in
> git, committing an update right before a choose-mirror release/upload.
>
> Any objection or comment?

That seems fair....except that, being a frequent uploader of
choose-mirror, I'm very likely to forget about that when building it
then committing back after the build (as I'm building in pbuilder, the
Mirrors.masterlist file in my local git checkout is not updated...only
the one in the chroot is).

So, please forgive me in advance..:-)