Re: Move desktop type selection from kernel parameter to debconf question?

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):

> Well, I did not plan to present it in the normal installation.  The
> question should be a priority low or medium in the common case.  I
> added code to make it possible to preseed the priority to raise it to
> a point where it is presented to users, but that would be the unusual
> usecase.  The target audience of this udeb is people like me, that is
> qualified to make the choice.

Well, it is now like 9 years that we're balancing this question about
whether or not asking about desktop environments.

I entirely buy Joey's argument about this and, on the other hand, we
have had gazillion of direct or indirect suggestions to still add such
prompting.

Most of these question came from skilled users and the question is
whether they are, or not, a good representation of the target audience
of D-I. In 2013, I'm a bit less sure than I was in, say, 2006 or 2007.