Re: Move desktop type selection from kernel parameter to debconf question?

[Joey Hess]
> If this is part of d-i, the repository should be added to the
> top-level .mrconfig file in d-i, so it is checked out with the rest.

Aha.  I'll fix that soon.

> That's the entire reason that tasksel does not prompt the user to
> choose between desktop environments. They are not describable in a
> few sentences, so the user who is not already familiar with them is
> left with a technical choice which they are not qualified to
> make. d-i's main UI goal is to avoid presenting the user with a long
> series of such choices.

Well, I did not plan to present it in the normal installation.  The
question should be a priority low or medium in the common case.  I
added code to make it possible to preseed the priority to raise it to
a point where it is presented to users, but that would be the unusual
usecase.  The target audience of this udeb is people like me, that is
qualified to make the choice.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen