Re: ZFS support in partman-target

Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> (21/05/2013):
> On 21/05/13 16:36, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > [...] I think it would be safer to keep all
> > relevant changes into a zol (or any other appropriate name) branch,
>
> I think so too;  I did take a look at this on Github.  I think it would
> be more accessible in Debian's repository, but ideally staged in a
> branch first.

In the absence of complaints, I've done that:
 - base-installer: branched "zol" from master, and reset master to
   where it was before the buggy merge.
 - partman-zfs: since l10n fun appeared already, I didn't touch
   it. That doesn't mean it needs no review at all.
 - partman-base: there's a single commit, which shouldn't change
   anything for non-ZFS things, so I've left it untouched. It
   definitely needs a changelog entry though.
 - debian-installer: branched "zol" from master, and reset master to
   where it was.

> I noticed for example on Github a commit that was made redundant /
> invalidated by the next one.  Also some commits have simultaneously
> altered whitespace and code which is hard to follow.  It may be
> neater if the useful bits can be more neatly picked out of a branch
> and merged into master occasionally (e.g. at per-feature intervals).

Absolutely.

Mraw,
KiBi.