Re: d-i for wheezy on a Dreamplug, docs/recommended practice?

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 16:59 +0200, Martin Lucina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> martin@lucina.net said:
> > Unfortunately I still haven't got to a working installation :-(
> >
> > Now that #703889 has been fixed, I just tried again with today's d-i daily
> > build. I can now get through the entire installation process, however the
> > installer claims that "No installable kernel was found in the package
> > repositories for this platform".
>
> Following up on this; tried again today with d-i 20130422-08:33 netboot
> image and all of the problems I mentioned in my last email have been fixed.
> Good stuff!

Cool, I also gave it a go at the weekend and it was OK.

> I also figured out the problem I had with the kernel not being able to
> mount rootfs; this was due to my trying to be too smart and loading the DTB
> blob. If I leave this out and load only uImage and uInitrd the boot works
> fine.

Ah, that's because we use CONFIG_APPENDED_DTB and flash-kernel takes
care of the catting zImage+dtb before constructing the uImage.

I can't quite remember why CONFIG_APPENDED_DTB breaks things when you
pass a dtb yourself, but it does ring a bell.

> I'll try and find some time to write up a patch to the release notes in
> time for the wheezy release and/or get in touch with Martin Michalmayr and
> update his Debian on Dreamplug page which is currently linked to from the
> release notes.

Thanks!

Ian.