Re: Change for name of "bn" language...

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 02:50:12PM +0100, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
> @Christian: Do we want to spread the use of our OSs to Bangla speaking
> people?

There's no question that we all have the same goal here, which is to get
Free Software (Debian, Ubuntu) used by as many users as possible, regardless
of which language they use.

The question is whether "Bangla" is the right name to use for the language.
The standard uses a different name, and it's reasonable for Christian to ask
for proof why we should use a name that doesn't match the standard.  I
happen to "know" that Bangla is the "right" name, but I understand if
Christian wants to double-check.