Re: Remaining pending changes in master branches of D-I packages

Hello Christian,

and many thanks for the summary.

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (27/12/2012):
> Here is the current status. In theory, we should no longer have
> pending things in master branches, as they are targeted for
> wheezy. So, I'll continue to hang on these things "like a mussel on
> its rock"(KiBi will undertsand this one, I guess)...:-)

:)

> ./debian-installer-netboot-images/debian/changelog
>
> Wait after RC1, then upload

ACK.

> ./s390-dasd/debian/changelog
>
> Waiting for an s390 porter to upload (along with s390-netdevice)

Philipp uploaded those two.

> ./grub-installer/debian/changelog
>
> Has the following:
>   * Fix the workaround for #681227 to work with grub-efi and grub-yeeloong.
>
> From KiBi's comment in #681227, this is waiting for confirmation by
> EFI wizards. Maybe an upload would help (then testing would be made
> easier by just choosing to install unstable).

That one will need a new upload anyway to deal with boot from USB
cases. More on that later.

> ./console-setup/debian/changelog
>
> Has the following:
>
>   * Keyboard/xmlreader: Register the hwList tag as an ignored one, just
>     like vendor is ignored already, which lets us get rid of a spurious
>     warning in the build log (thanks, Holger & jenkins). Closes: #696754.
>
> Given that Cyril knows about the discussion for a jessie branch and
> given that this is trivial, it should probably be uploaded. However,
> we might first want to have 1.89 in wheezy

I was wondering whether that one would need an upload (see #696773
vs. #694156), but I think finish-install (#694156) is the way to
go. Might upload console-setup myself once I'm done with other
packages.

> ./yaboot-installer/debian/changelog
>
> We still "need another pair of eyes" for it..:-). If no pair of eyes
> is showing up, we should move the change to the jessie branch.

Worst case I'll process that one once I'm done with other packages.

Those other packages include:
 - busybox vs. setupcon: #606395
 - cdebconf: Info message position (comments welcome): #696699;
   apparently that one didn't reach the list…

Mraw,
KiBi.