Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi Luca,

On Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012, Luca Capello wrote:
> I perfectly agree and I am sorry if my words sounded more like "you
> should use BabelBox instead" than "BabelBox can help here".  Indeed,
> BabelBox already does at least the three tests you specifically
> mentioned:
>
>   <[🔎] 201212052119.01562.holger@layer-acht.org">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 201212052119.01562.holger@layer-acht.org>
>
>   - permutation through locale settings
>   - partitioning recipes

I'm aware, I know & like babelbox since the beginning :-)

>   - boot the installed system, login and shutdown

Though this slipped through... :)

> And my initial idea (yet to be completed) was to completely automate the
> creation of a BabelBox VM, which means that in theory at each commit of
> one of the d-i components you can test it in the VM:
>
> <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Events/DebianEventsBox#stuff_to_do_with_a_de
> mo_box>

Actually, I didnt see that idea in there when I just checked?!

> I am probably taking BabelBox too far away, but it is there ;-)

I think Babelbox is an excellent showcase for events, but for continous
testing it's less suitable IMHO, as it produces no logs and no notifications,
and since it's not running 24/365 publically reachable.

That said, we should see were we can share code + configuration, ie I'll take
a look at babelbox locale settings now :)

Ouch. 69 languages to test g-i in :-)

cheers,
	Holger