Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi Luca,

On Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2012, Luca Capello wrote:
> This sounds to me like reinventing BabelBox, which IMHO is a better
> solution given that we can use it outside Jenkins.

If all you know is a hammer, everything looks like a hammer indeed ;-P

> I have patches to use it in a VirtualBox instance

nice! but rather something else: I see babelbox more as a showcase for events,
and surely it _can_ be used for testing too, but it's not a test framework,
and one needs to set it up locally.

jenkins.d.n on the other hand is ment to run 24/365 and constantly test
(different sub-areas of) Debian. There are certainly tests outside of its
scope for a variety of reasons, but I do think d-i testing is done nicely
there.

cheers,
	Holger