Re: Proposal to add patches to netcfg (#682737)

Luca,

am Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 02:13:37PM +0100 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:42:14 +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > * ba5ee42 Write out network-manager configuration files with mode 0600.
> [...]
> > * 4e1dbbd finish-install: Do not set /etc/network/interfaces to mode 0600.
> [...]
> > So we need libuuid only on non-Linux platforms (I hope it still compiled
> > there). As discussed the mode of both n-m config files and /e/n/i was
> > adjusted to be private to root.
> If I read the Git commits above correctly, there is a discrepancy with
> the latest sentence (which by itself is an important change WRT the
> previous behavior in a "normal" Debian installation).

yeah, I screwed that up in the mail only. /e/n/i is supposed to be 0644, sorry
about stating it incorrectly. We discussed that there's no need to have it 0600
in private and somehow I wasn't awake enough tomorrow morning (I added d-boot
at the very last minute).

Kind regards
Philipp Kern