Re: Proposal to add patches to netcfg (#682737)

On 20.11.2012 14:13, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:42:14 +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
>> * ba5ee42 Write out network-manager configuration files with mode 0600.
> [...]

NM config files need to be 0600, so this is correct.

>> * 4e1dbbd finish-install: Do not set /etc/network/interfaces to mode 0600.
> [...]

In the test install that I did with the mini.iso provided by Phil,
/e/n/i was mode 0644. But since I did a desktop installation, I assume
this file was created / modified by finish-install?

>> So we need libuuid only on non-Linux platforms (I hope it still compiled
>> there).

This is a bit weird. The UUID is only required really on Linux
plattforms, since NM is Linux-only. I would expect the NM specific code
is ifdeffed on those plattforms so a libuuid dependency is not needed.
Is this not the case?

 As discussed the mode of both n-m config files and /e/n/i was
>> adjusted to be private to root.
>
> If I read the Git commits above correctly, there is a discrepancy with
> the latest sentence (which by itself is an important change WRT the
> previous behavior in a "normal" Debian installation).

Agreed, clarification here would be good. Especially since the testing
showed, that they are both not 0600.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?