Re: Another call for translation updates for d-i manual?

Hello,

nabetaro@caldron.jp wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:31:26 +0200
> Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
>
> > > I want to fix that BUG. So, would you try my patch before upgrade?
> > > It works fine in my box.
> > > If it works yours, I will commit the patch.
> >
> > Yes, that looks good.
> > The xml files are created in ./integrated/en
> > and there is nothing problematic in the merge_xml.en.log file.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> I will commit the changes.

Based on the patch from nabetaro I have already performed a new
po|pot creation run.

My first idea was, to revert all files, that have been changed during
the corrupt po|pot creation run, back to the revision before my commit,
and then be able to start a new run.

Because of missing experience with subversion with such actions, I came
to the result, that I can not manage to get this done.
(My try with portuguese leaded to corrupted po files with misformatted
characters.)
That's why I gave up on this.

My second try was like this:
- I did a complete checkout of the manual in revision before my bad commit
- update manual/en
- perform the usual po|pot update process (with the merge_xml.awk script
  fixed with the patch by nabetaro
  (thanks for providing this so quick, Nozomu!))
- copy the changed files to my local svn tree
- and commit them.

So, at the end, all should be fine now.

Holger

--