Re: Another call for translation updates for d-i manual?

Hello,

I would like to ask you for help with the d-i manual:

To update po|pot files, I followed the instructions in the svn repository
(manual/doc/translations_po.txt), but
 1. the created po files are not correct
 2. the pot files are not changed at all

I'm not sure, if I'm doing something wrong / if there is a problem at all:
after calling for translation updates for d-i manual, I wanted to take care
of updating the po files.
As documented in manual/doc/translations_po.txt, I did:
  1. svn up
  2. ./scripts/merge_xml en
  3. ./scripts/update_pot
  4. ./scripts/update_po <your language>

It seems, that the second step has problems:
the command returns without error, but in ./integrated/en there is a
log file "merge_xml.en.log", and that comtains lot of things like this:

  Merging XML files per 'chapter'...
  Processing: bookinfo.xml
  ** Error: file '/tmp/merge_xml.14261/in/bookinfo.xml' does not exist!
  Processing: preface.xml
  ** Error: file '/tmp/merge_xml.14261/in/preface.xml' does not exist!
  Processing: welcome/welcome.xml
  ** Error: file '/tmp/merge_xml.14261/in/welcome/welcome.xml' does not exist!

After issuing the second step, the integrated/en directory contains only
empty subdirectory, no xml files.
And as a result of this, the pot files are not updated, I think.
And so are the po files also not up-to-date.

About 4 months ago, you refreshed the pot files in the repository, that's
why I thought you could tell me the correct procedere for this (that
one from the documentation seems incorrect, or there is some package missing
on my system, or something like that ...).

Thanks

Holger

--
Created with Sylpheed 3.0.2