Re: Reviewing choose-mirror changes

Heya Christian.

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> (24/09/2012):
> (replying from my work mail, where I don't have the full thread in
> -boot so I can't notice whether someone else answered)

(Nobody did.)

> > I guess it would be nice to mention Mirrors.masterlist's being
> > updated in the changelog entry for further uploads.
>
> Hmm, right. The only problem being : how to detect this, as this
> happens at build time. But, of course, that is feasible (by reviewing
> changed file in the repository after building, I guess).

Not really, since that file is not versioned. Maybe we should version it,
that would make it more likely to notice any updates? FWIW it was in svn
until 2004.

> Indeed, rebuilding chosse-mirror is currently nearly a must-do before
> any D-I release, because of this "live" update of Mirrors.masterlist
> at build time.

(For those following at home: that happens when the source package is
built, and the file gets included in the source tarball.)

Mraw,
KiBi.