Installer annotations.

Hello,

I attempted, twice, to submit this by way of 'Bugreport', but it failed,
due to inflexibility if that programme, twice.
These are abstractions from a number of emails on the 'debian-user' list,
so please excuse the fact if they appear a little terse, as they are
abstractions:
The beginning of the thread starts here:

A trial installation was done here, with a net-install i386 squeeze disc,
with annotations, to clarify things:

And useful contributions were made here:

...and here:

I feel that the successful strategy is to remove any informational
obstacles to a Newbie install, in order to facilitate a sustained uptake
percentage.
I should make the observation that downloads are not an accurate
indication of that uptake, if a successful install doesn't follow.

There may well be an argument for a link to the installer-guide, in the
main menu of the larger discs, if it doesn't exist now.
Regards,

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its
government."