Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta2 release bug #684265

On Sep 12, 2012, at 10:41 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:

Quoting Rick Thomas (rbthomas@pobox.com):

On Sep 12, 2012, at 4:21 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:

I have not tried running os-prober from the <alt>-F2 console
during the install, to see if it gives different results. I'll do
that and report back.  Any hints of things I should be looking out
for?

Here's the stderr/stdout output when os-prober is run in the
installer environment:

   umount: can't umount /var/lib/os-prober/mount: Invalid argument
   grub-probe: error: no such disk.
   grub-probe: error: no such disk.
   grub-probe: error: no such disk.

Could be something like #686314. Can you try (in the installer) to do
the workaround found there (loading the fuse module)?

It certainly does sound like it!

I'll try the workaround and report back.

Thanks for caring!

Rick