Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta2 release bug #684265

On Sep 9, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

Feedback for this release

We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are
available at our web site[3].

I just tried the beta2 netinst multiarch (on amd64 hardware) and bug #684265 is still there (failure to take account of existing OS partitions when creating boot-loader configuration file).

I originally reported this bug for PowerPC, but it's present on amd64 as well.

Others have encountered it as well -- it's not just me -- see bug#686927 (installation does not detect existing Lubuntu)

I'll be happy to provide installation log files to anyone who wants them.

I'd also be happy to look at the relevant code and see if I can figure out what's wrong, but I don't know where to look. I don't have any experience with the insides of the installer. If somebody is willing to mentor me a little I might be able to help.

Thanks!

Rick