Re: IPv6 support in d-i

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> writes:

>> You can use DNS64/NAT64 to access IPv4 destinations, you will need to
>> make this possible for some years anyway.
>
> I will see, how I have to set it up on my Linux Router and CISCO 7600.

I recommend using the tayga and bind9 wheezy packages.  That just works.

Configuring bind9 (9.8+) for DNS64 is as easy as adding this to
options {
        ..
        dns64 2001:db8::/96 {};
};

where 2001:db8::/96 is the prefix you've allocated for your NAT64
service. Using a /96 is recommended as it makes things very simple when
the IPv4 addresses just fits at the end.

tayga comes with the necessary example configs.  Note that it is
perfectly OK to run NAT64 "on a stick".  The NAT64 router does not have
to be in the normal IPv4 or IPv6 roting path.  Just route the prefixes
you allocate for NAT64 to it.

And DNS64 can run on any server. You just need to delegate the IPv6
NAT64 prefix reverse to it, and point all IPv6 clients there as well.

Bjørn