Re: IPv6 support in d-i

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 11:05:55AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2012-09-08 00:19:54, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> Hey, I have since some weeks my own GE access in Kehl/Germany and am not
> able to get any additional IPv4 adresses from RIPE.   I Have to  use  my
> assigned IPv6 block!

This is properly documented by RIPE and have been for a long time.

> I have only 256 IPv4 addresses, which I have to  use  for  my  customers
> Wireless (BreezeACCESS VL) and FTTH (Iskratel SI3000) access. Which kind
> crap is this, that not a singel customer can access the  Internet  if  I
> assign dem to a IPv6 instead of IPv4?  If I use my T42 with  Debian,  it
> works properly...  So it seems to be a Windoes thing or the used Routers

You missed several years of development. Things like DS-lite are
properly specified and supported by the vendors.

> But I can not get a IPv6 capable mirror.  I have tried <http.debian.net>
> without success.

You can use DNS64/NAT64 to access IPv4 destinations, you will need to
make this possible for some years anyway.

> Is there a known IPv6 aware Debian Mirror?

ftp.uni-stuttgart.de

> Note:   Du to my ISP infrastructure, DHCP does not work for security
>         reason and I have to use definitively my from RIPE  assigned
>         IPv6 block.

IPv6 for endusers without static assignments needs DHCPv6-PD.

Bastian

--
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9