Re: d-i manual: string freeze?

Quoting Holger Wansing (linux@wansing-online.de):
> Hello,
>
> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > Control: tags 413649 + pending
> >
> > Michael Stapelberg, le Sun 29 Jul 2012 21:48:07 +0200, a écrit :

> > > Thanks, I created a patch to fix this in the installation-guide (see
> > > attachment).
> >
> > Applied, thanks.
> >
> > Samuel
>
> as we are in the phase of getting translations in sync with
> English, the manual should probably considered frozen?
> This has unfortunately not been propagated before though.
> Can the last changes be reverted?

If I'm correct, Samuel changed translations accordingly.

Anyway, unfortunately, the installation manual is something we only
care about at release time. So, as always, last minutes changes are
possible (and often really needed).

So, I think we should call a "soft freeze", meaning that changes
should be discussed in -boot beforehand.

Also, remember that Samuel is the "de facto" installation manual
"release manager" mostly because only him cared about it since Frans
left us....

(and all this makes your own contribution even more useful, Holger, as
we now have another person taking care of the install manual..:-))