Re: Report from the first tests of d-i beta 1 candidate images

Quoting Samuel Thibault (sthibault@debian.org):
> Cyril Brulebois, le Tue 17 Jul 2012 11:37:50 +0200, a écrit :
> > I think I'd rather avoid uploading a new d-i at this point, and just
> > get new images built once the gnome bugs are fixed.
>
> Christian, maybe you could call for fixing the translations of the
> installation manual, so we can upload it to get it onto the beta1
> images?

Being currently travelling post-Debconf, such things are not that easy
for me (this mail is currently written from an eco-ledge lost
somewhere in forests of the Norther mountains, through a 3G
connection....which is quite amazing to have in such distant place).

Moreover, tracking of who is translating the D-I manual is quite loose
ATM and I can't even use podebconf-report-po on a bunch of PO files
given that most D-I manual translators *don't* use gettext (and some
don't want to).

So, in short, it's hard to send a real call for updates except by
posting a mail to debian-i18n which (I know how these things work)
will immediately trigger a bunch of questions, half of them being sent
in private to me, such as "I would like to translate it to 'foo', how
should I proceed"....and, on this, I don't really want to spend the few
time I still spend during these two weeks for geeky stuff.

So, well, absolutely *no* promise made. If I can do something, I'll do
it. Otherwise, anybody else is welcome to do it.