Re: <20120708001451.GM4979@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>

Jude DaShiell, le Sun 08 Jul 2012 05:04:13 -0400, a écrit :
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2012, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > > *If* that screen is accessible
> >
> > It's not. Does occur to me that syslinux could be modified to add the
> > ability to beep at different musical note frequencies, and we could
> > then make it accessible, at least to those with good pitch.
>
> I wouldn't use pitch by itself.  I think what would be better is a single
> beep for default, two beeps second with higher pitch than first for
> graphical, and three beeps in a rising pitch pattern for advanced.

I agree. I'm not sure if someone has the time to implement it, though.

And with what I said (g-i being the default should not be a problem, on
the contrary), I don't think it's even needed.  We have already set a
shortcut to enable software speech (s), and g-i being the default, both
enabling serial braille or hardware speech is a matter of pressing tab
and appending parameters, there is no need to choose another menu item.

Samuel