Re: <20120708001451.GM4979@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>

I wouldn't use pitch by itself.  I think what would be better is a single
beep for default, two beeps second with higher pitch than first for
graphical, and three beeps in a rising pitch pattern for advanced.  That
way if someone hasn't got good pitch ability they'll still be able to
differentiate based on the number of tones. On Sat, 7 Jul 2012, Joey Hess
wrote:

> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > It is not clear to me how accessible the initial splash screen --- the
> > one with currently contain the choice between default, graphical, and
> > advanced installation options --- is.
> >
> > *If* that screen is accessible
>
> It's not. Does occur to me that syslinux could be modified to add the
> ability to beep at different musical note frequencies, and we could
> then make it accessible, at least to those with good pitch.

Windows Pants: made entirely of patches on patches each with a picture of
a Microsoft Vacuum Cleaner; a computer mouse, or a dollar sign.

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>