current rules for template changes (was Re: d-i: Plans for beta 1?)

Hi

Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
>> Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> (11/06/2012):
>> > It's likely that a mass upload is needed for l10n purposes. Also, I
>> > think that a beta is the moment where I should decide about which
>> > languages I drop
>> > (http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2012/06/09#di-deactivation-status-8)
>>
>> I think you're done now?
>
> Except running after last minute changes like netcfg last evening,
> yes..:-).

Sorry if this upload was wrong according to the rules. I was acting
under the premise that only strings in sublevels 1 and 2 were frozen. So
I thought it is OK to add strings on sublevel 5. IMHO it's absolutely no
problem if those are not translated as they are only shown if you
preseeded an invalid value or if you are running in expert mode. The
changes to all other strings were only trailing whitespace corrections
and I took extra care to verify that the don't change the templates.pot
file in any way. I removed one change because a string became fuzzy.

But as the Google summer of code of Sorina progresses we will have more
templates changes coming up. The new ESSID list (instead of the simple
text input we currently have) and other improvments are only possible by
adding or changing templates.

What are the current rules for template changes? Is there a way to get
these changes into netcfg and uploaded without disturbing translators
too much?

I know that now with the freeze being just about 1 week away it might be
difficult to get the results of the GSOC project into wheezy. The timing
is quite unfortunate for us. But if possible it would be really nice if
at least some changes could make it into the release.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.