Re: d-i testing with qemu

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:47:03AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Fair enough, thank you. I copied all of apt-setup's udeb into localudebs and
> included them, so cdrom-detect got pulled in.  Can I randomly add non-initrd
> udebs to an image?  Somehow bootstrapping fails if I include apt-setup-udeb
> and works if I pull it from localudebs...  (IIRC it should come after
> bootstrap-base.)

Ok, my guess is this: apt-setup-udeb depends on installed-base which is
provided by live-installer, which is pulled into the initrd by apt during
the installer creation.  base-installer is also pulled in, but live-installer
somehow takes precedence (is that possible?).

Indeed both are missing from the manifest if I don't include apt-setup-udeb.
Attached is a screenshot with the log of live-installer failing.

How can I get around this issue?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern