Re: install manual

Hello Christian and Dutch localization team,

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 07:10 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Yeah. The Dutch translation of the install manual was managed by...the
> install manual main maintainer, and former Debian Installer release
> manager, namely Frans Pop, who passed in August 2010.

Christian that does explain a lot. I do remember his demise, a big loss
to the Debian project. Never had the privilege of meeting him in person
but saw him talk at Fosdem.

> I would suggest you to get in touch with the Dutch localization team
> (debian-l10n-dutch@lists.debian.org, CC'ed) to check with them if
> there are plans to revive the install manual Dutch translation  (and
> eventually move it to PO-based translation to allow sharing the work
> more easily).

Christian thanks for your advise I'll sign up to the mailing list and
ask around.

Dutch localisation team I saw that there is also some translation work
needed for an number of packages which will give me the opportunity to
learn the PO translation system before trying the install manual.

http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/README-trans seems
like the point to start.

If I try to download a templates.pot.gz file with wget from
http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pot it times out on
me. Seems like the i18n.debian.net webserver is off-line.

greetings,
Bernard Zijlstra