Re: install manual

Quoting Bernard Zijlstra (bernard.zijlstra@gmail.com):
> To whom it may concern,

Hello Bernard, thanks for your mail.

> I've put faw@funlabs.org in the CC line because it is in the tail of the
> webpage.
>
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/ contains several links to the
> domain ettin.org in the section "XML-based translations". Problem is
> that ettin.org returns a 404 on pub/debian/dimstats/* and that is too
> bad.

Hmmm, that's probably very outdated info...:-(

> Possibly the page is outdated and I have not come round to checking the
> svn checkout of the install manual.
>
> I'm interested in helping out with the Dutch translation, as I'm a Dutch
> native speaker and I saw that 102 pages still need translation if that
> number is accurate.

Yeah. The Dutch translation of the install manual was managed by...the
install manual main maintainer, and former Debian Installer release
manager, namely Frans Pop, who passed in August 2010.

I would suggest you to get in touch with the Dutch localization team
(debian-l10n-dutch@lists.debian.org, CC'ed) to check with them if
there are plans to revive the install manual Dutch translation  (and
eventually move it to PO-based translation to allow sharing the work
more easily).