Re: Put the debian-installer wheezy goals in w.d.o/Releasegoals/DebianInstaller instead of just wheezy goals

Quoting shirish शिरीष (shirishag75@gmail.com):
> Hi all,
>   Please CC me if somebody responds to the topic.
>
> While browsing on/around the Wiki I came to
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/WheezyGoals and this isn't a
> nice place to share the wheezy goals.  A much better place is/would be
> http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals with something like
> http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/DebianInstaller .
>
> A change to this URL would have few positives IMHO :-
>
> a. It would be consistent
> b. It is more easily and more likely to be found.
> c. Possible that more people likely to test and hence have more robust releases.

I personnally (ie not speaking for the D-I team...wait for a few other
people's advice) am OK with such change....if there's a perceived
benefit to it. My first reaction would be "how about just linking the
D-I release goals page from the general release goals page?"....but
there might be other benefits I'm not aware about when moving the
page.

Something I'm quite sure, though: these pages do not help that much in
getting the needed manpower to actually achieve the goals;.:-)

Most of the current top D-I features are here because, suddenly, at
one moment or another, someone cared enough to work on them. Ou
rproblem in the long term is that, often, that someone later vanished
or moves to other interests and we're left with the feature... and
its bugs.

So, indeed, ATM, what's much more needed is not necessarily new fancy
stuff in D-I but more securing and debugging existing stuff (LVM,
crypto, network configuration....are those that come to mind).