Re: Problems with d-i on self-made (debian-cd/easy-build.sh) Debian images

Hi Mario

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:27:48 +0200, Mario Fux <debian-ml@unormal.org> wrote:
> Morning again
>
> So no progress. Tried to freshly install debian-cd with new config files and
> without custom packages. Build an ISO image with easy-build.sh DVD and got
> one.
>
> I got some warnings about some GPG stuff which afaik shouldn't be a
> problem.

Hard to tell without any further information...

> Doesn't anybody of you is able to build wheezy images which install without
> the kernel module mismatch error? Or is this the wrong mailing list and is
> there a debian-cd one?

Is your local mirror up to date? Where did yout get the debian installer
image from? If you are building with the debian-installer image from the
archive this is probably expected, as this package was not updated
recently.

You have to build your debian-cd image with a daily built installer
image from http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/. See README.easy-build
for instructions on how to build with a custom d-i image.

> Btw I tested the image in virtualbox, qemu and with a usb stick on a real
> device. Always the same problem.

I don't think that matters at all.

If your problem persists please add a bit more debuging info to your
reports. It's a bit hard to tell what's wrong just with the information
in your mail. Especially check the kernel version the installer is
booting and the version of the kernel module udebs included on your CD.
If the don't match your reported error is expected.

Gaudenz