Re: Problems with d-i on self-made (debian-cd/easy-build.sh) Debian images

Hi Mario

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:45:36 +0200, Mario Fux <debian-ml@unormal.org> wrote:
Non-text part: Multipart/Mixed
> Good morning
>
> And then trying to install I got the following error message in qemu and
> virtualbox:
> Error message:
> """"""""""
> Error: Load installer components from CD:
> No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between the
> kernel used
> by this version of the installer and the kernel version available in the
> archive.

As the error message says (unless there is a bug in d-i itself), the
version of the kernel you are booting from your CD is not the same as in
the archive. Which suite (stable, testing, unstable) are you tring to
install? Did you somhow customize your installer kernel? These versions
have to match exactly (including ABI version).

The most likely cause is that the kernel got updated in between the
moment you built your image and the installation.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.