Re: GeoMirror (aka cdn.debian.net) as default mirror in standard installation?

Miguel Figueiredo  at "Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:51:00 +0000" wrote:
 MF> Hi all,

 MF> Using GeoMirror [1] (aka cdn.debian.net) as default mirror in the default
 MF> installation can save decisions and interaction to who is installing and be a
 MF> more automated process.

 MF> * Pros:
 MF> - 'good' default as it should select a nearby working mirror
 MF> - efficient use of Debian mirrors
 MF> - less decisions to who is installing
 MF> - less interactivity

 MF> * Cons:
 MF> - Less customization
 MF> - 'good' default could not be the best default

 MF> What to you think about it's use in the installer?

 MF> 1 - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror

Why don't use something like apt-spy to test mirror speed and select the
best?

Bye
Stefano

PS: some one is supposed to manage apt-spy as I gave up after receveing one
rude email

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.