Re: Babelbox updated for squeeze

Hi!

* Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> [110226 14:27]:

> >  2) Sometimes the virtual monitor was turned off during the installation
> >     due to inactivity. [..]
> DPMS and/or gnome-power-manager come to mind?

Sorry, should have been clearer:  It happens, while the debian-installer
runs, not after the installed system has been booted.  So I don't think
it's gnome-power-manger, but something else DPMS related.

I *think* it's only an issue when using the graphical installer (as I
only saw it happen there, not while a text based installation was
running).  So my best guess would be that X has DPMS enabled by default,
and if installation takes to long, it sends the monitor to sleep?

Not sure, if it's worth to change anything just for some people running
a bablebox for some time, as long as the "install less packages so it
doesn't take so long" fix works ;)

Best Regards,
  Alexander