Your message dated Mon, 31 Jan 2011 06:38:19 +0100 with message-id <20110131053819.GU5000@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org> and subject line Re: Bug#611599: Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me has caused the Debian Bug report #611599, regarding Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.) -- 611599: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=611599 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: submit<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:12:03 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20110131031203.E386F1929B0@mail0.webapp.51uc.com>Package: installation-reports
Boot method: <CD-RW>
Image version: <xxxx/i386/iso-cd/debian-squeeze-di-rc1-i386-netinst.iso from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>
Machine: <DIY, Intel mainboard ,NVIDIA MX440 >
Partitions: <partitions by myself , 9.7G ext4 >
Output of lspci -knn (or lspci -nn):
Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it
Initial boot: [Note]
Detect network card: [O]
Configure network: [NO DHCP,I have ADSL ]
Detect CD: [O]
Load installer modules: [O]
Detect hard drives: [O]
Partition hard drives: [O]
Install base system: [O]
Clock/timezone setup: [O]
User/password setup: [O]
Install tasks: [O]
Install boot loader: [O]
Overall install: [?] What is it mean? erase old data in partation? I format it.
1. I use boot from CDROM (squeeze_netinst_RC1), IT dead in mainboard LOGO(Intel MB)
,and I find the CD is OK(bootable in other PC).
My win XP driver and PPPOE fauit(It be OK for a long time),HW is a old 3COM netcard.
After change a realtek 8139D netcard, the boot is OK.
I don't know if install_rc1 cause 3COM netcard bad ?It's not important,
it's too old and only one, I have some RL8139D netcard .
(If in this netcard bad situation, can installer jump it and pop a message say:
"Not find netcard (NIC) in your system . " ?
2. I'm in china , many people use ADSL in home. And I use graph install (shell Install
I think no problem)
Install try to find DHCP , and after fault, I input 192.168.x.x something.
Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me?
1. Local network with DHCP (Had a gateway to internet)
2. ADSL use pppoe (You know your username and password)
This may faster to beginer.
3. After I use expert mode to install pppoe, I find pppoeconf is in NETINST cdrom.
But if I choise a sources mirror in GRAPHINSTALL mode, I lost "deb cdrom" in sources.list.
Can you add this for me?
NETINST is default in sources.list (deb cdrom xxxxxxxxxx)
After user choise sources mirror, display a message :
You must use "apt-get update" before "apt-get install anything"
When the squeeze is ok, if user (beginer) use :
"apt-get install xxxxxx" and get nothing , give this message:
Is the software in the list? Maybe use "apt-get update" first.
4. In console, the text is too small, oh my eyes....
In etch & lenny It's OK (Other PCs), maybe add a item in grub2 (big text)?
I should add vga=7xx something? I'll test afterwork...
THANK all of you .
<Description of the install, in prose, and any thoughts, comments
and ideas you had during the initial install.>
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#611599: Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me
- From: Christian PERRIER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 06:38:19 +0100
- Message-id: <20110131053819.GU5000@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20110131031203.E386F1929B0@mail0.webapp.51uc.com>
- References: <[🔎] 20110131031203.E386F1929B0@mail0.webapp.51uc.com>> 2. I'm in china , many people use ADSL in home. And I use graph install (shell Install > I think no problem) > Install try to find DHCP , and after fault, I input 192.168.x.x something. > Maybe a ADSL option in installer(squeeze) is better to me? > > like: > 1. Local network with DHCP (Had a gateway to internet) > 2. ADSL use pppoe (You know your username and password) The option exists in expert mode. You need to load the ppp-udeb component for that. Please note that this is loosely tested as we unfortunately have few developers who use PPPoE.
Description: Digital signature
--- End Message ---