Re: Mirroring win32-loader.exe in debian/tools/

Le Thursday 13 January 2011 22:23:05 Joerg Jaspert, vous avez écrit :

> I like cookies.
> Now, how often ARE you going to update this? Does this need a new
> version with every d-i release? That would be bad.
> Or just every other century?

The win32-loader package has a track record of being updated on a ~ monthly
basis in unstable: translations, new features, etc. It has spent a long time in
unstable as it was blocked as the rest of d-i, but has then 4 times during the
Squeeze release cycle (so a ~ monthly basis too, depending on the unblocking
policy in effect). And of course it should not get any update in stable (but
s**t happens).

> If its more than *few* times a year we can think of an autobyhand way
> for it, but if its seldomly...
> Keep in mind, it will be attached to the win32-loader package, so with
> each upload the byhand will be there.

Now I'm not certain we want the debian/tools/win32-loader.exe be synced with the
unstable version. Is there a way to sync it to the testing version (beside
setting and unsetting $BYHAND [as is done in loadlin] depending on the
importance of the changes)?

> Also, please not only provide a .exe, but also a .txt with the same
> basename, explaining what it is.

I will try to come up with something; it'll be there on the win32-loader upload
that enables the dpkg-distaddfile call (after proofread on -boot).

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Developer.
CH-1020 Renens