Re: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Julian Hernandez Gomez
> <julianhernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
>       Hello Otavio,
>
>             The squeeze_di_alpha1 uses this installer; so it
>             will give you same result.
>

> squeeze_di_alpha1 installation failed because it couldn't find the
> BD/DVD/CD-ROM unit.
>

> This was using a ps3? I don't know if there're different types of
> BD/DVD/CD-ROM units on it.

Even if there are different BD/DVD/CD-ROM units, it doesn't matter as they're
virtualized by the hypervisor. They're all using the ps3rom driver.

> Can you get an lspci of a running system, and a dmesg, for us to check if it
> is a missing module?

There's no (user-visible) PCI bus. All needed drivers are for the PS3 system
bus type, and they should be loaded fine (if present) by udev.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect
Techsoft Centre

Technology and Software Centre Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

A division of Sony Europe (Belgium) N.V.
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis · BIC GEBABEBB · IBAN BE41293037680010