Re: Weekly-build multi-arch DVD useful?

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 01:55:36PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 04:19:18PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hmmm. I've not seen your report, but I only tend to skim the -boot
>> list. Are you using the squeeze or sid version?
>
>I was using the daily build.  I thought it was for both?  I was installing
>squeeze though which seems to be the default.

There are two sets of CD builds available; one uses the daily
installer builds, the other uses the last stable-ish build (last
alpha/beta/release). Can you point at the URL for your image?

>The problem is that the multiarch netinst cd image doesn't have any of
>the udeb's for i386 or amd64, only powerpc.
>
>Now given it is also 635MB already, perhaps something got too big and
>other bits got dropped somehow.  It seems to me that only a couple of
>months ago it was 600 MB.  As far as I can tell, most packages on average
>have gotten slightly larger, and a few new ones added (and a few removed).
>The only obvious problem I see right now is the missing kernel module
>packages for i386 and amd64.  Everything else appears right.

The udebs are placed in the image first, well before any other
packages. Space is becoming an issue, but that shouldn't stop the
basic installation stuff working. Maybe Otavio can help more.

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane