Re: next d-i meeting - 2010.10.20, 21h00 GMT

Hello,

Please FTP-Master, take a look bellow for the background:

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Otavio Salvador, le Wed 20 Oct 2010 14:42:16 -0200, a écrit :
>> > * New goodbye-microsoft.com ? That website once installed Debian; now it's
>> > gNewSense that gets proposed. There is also get.debian.net, which had not
>> > the win32-loader.exe until recently. It gained a "debian.exe" which is
>> > apparently the goodbye-microsoft.com gnewsense installer (customized win32-
>> > loader 0.6.13). So I think a canonical place for win32-loader-standalone.exe
>> > would be nice. get.d.n ? under d-i.d.o ? Opinions ?
>>
>> Personally I think that it ought to be in the mirrors. Maybe it could
>> use same way we do for loadlin and other stuff.
>
> Indeed, that'd be in http://ftp.debian.org/debian/tools/ then.  The way
> loadlin does it is running
>
> dpkg-distaddfile loadlin.exe byhand -
>
> from debian/rules.  Note however that "byhand" indeed means that you
> need to give cookies to Ganeff to get him install the file by hand, so
> avoid doing it too often.

As you can read above we're discussing how to deal with win32-loader.
I think it should be on the mirrors but maybe we're missing something
here that might cause problems.

Please comment on that.

Cheers,

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br