User creation questions asked even in rescue mode (was: Re: Question about ordering of debian-installer questions)

Package: user-setup
Severity: normal

Quoting Lennart Sorensen (lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca):
> In current debian-installer images (at least last I tried about a month
> ago), when you boot rescue mode, you are prompted for root password
> and username and such before being prompted for which partition to
> use for rescue mode.  This was never the case in earlier releases.
> Given these questions serve no purpose what so ever for rescue mode,
> could they please be moved so that they don't needlessly make going into
> rescue mode ask half a dozen useless questions?
>
> I have no idea what controls the ordering, but something changed that
> has made rescue mode a lot less convinient now.  Might be nice to fix
> that again before squeeze.  Having used it probably 200 times in a
> row while trying to get grub2 working on an IBM powerpc, it got pretty
> tedious typing answers all those username and password prompts again
> and again, all the while knowing it was totally pointless.

This certainly comes from the following:

user-setup (1.30) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
  * Move main-menu item before partitioning and installation of the base
    system, to get more questions earlier during installation.

This mail will create the bug report. I assign it to user-setup,
though it might become needed to reassign it to rescue and try to deal
with that in this package.