Re: floppy install - unable to find root filesystem, ide_generic not loaded

Hi,

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:
> It seems like the initramfs hasn't picked up on the fact that that
> module is needed.  This should be fixable by doing:
>
>   echo ide_generic >> /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
>   update-initramfs
>
> You may find that once booted with the module loaded, update-initramfs
> can work out that that module is needed, and that it doesn't need to be
> explicitly listed in the /etc/initramfs-tools/modules file, but the
> problem presumably comes from the fact that ide_generic was not needed
> in the earlier kernel, or that it was loading a specific chipset's
> module in the etch kernel, and that module's name has changed rendering
> it unavailable for the new kernel.

Yes, I have fixed the system that way, but my real intention was,
to avoid that this problem occures again in the future.
Thus asking what package is responsible for this.

But maybe this is not really important for the docu I want to write for
that floppy installation process.

Thanks
Holger

--