Re: timezone in squeeze installer

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
>> On Saturday 01 May 2010, Xavier Chantry wrote:
>> > I wanted to use an english locale/language with my timezone
>> > (Europe/Paris UTC+1 or 2) but that was not possible. After selecting
>> > english (or was it american?), I only had a very restricted list of
>> > timezones, with no obvious way around. So I had to go back and choose
>> > French language instead.
>>
>> After selecting English you simply need to select France as country
>> (first "other", then Europe, then France). The language is not really
>> relevant.
>
> I would also add to Frans' comment that what you were presented with
> is not the choice of a timezone, it is the choice of a country..:-)

Thanks for keeping me in CC, I am indeed not subscribed.
Now I've also seen Frans' comment in ML archives.

At no point was the country selection removed ? I really don't
remember seeing that during my qnap install.
However I had it during all the previous debian install I made on
normal desktops/laptops.

Maybe I should first try a normal squeeze install cd and see if I've
any problems with that. Though I won't be sure I get exactly the same
version than with the qnap install.

And unfortunately I cannot reinstall on the qnap, I've already a fully
working and configured system that is in use. and I cannot just ran
the installer again there, I would need to re-flash it and probably
lose everything.