workaround(?) for #578338: grub2 won't install

(Please Cc: me since I am not subscribed here)

I reported #578338 on monday. I've found a way to work around it, and
wonder if it would be an acceptable approach for debian-installer to
take. If I switch to a shell during the partioning section and create
the raid manually with --metadata=0 option to mdadm, then return and
have the installer "Detect disks" again i'm able to complete
installation including the grub2 installation.

So, my question now is whether some sort of an option to "create md
array for booting from" that used a 0.90 format superblock would make
sense and be acceptable.

-edrz