Re: Lenny installer, problems loading the graphical installer mouse modules

On Wednesday 24 February 2010, Raúl Benencia wrote:
> After playing around for a while, I found out that modprobe is trying to
> load the kernel modules from a relative path. This, obviously, is a bug.
> d-i hackers may have not noticed that because they're tremendously busy
> with the squeeze release.

This cannot be the solution. Modprobe is not supposed to require a path.

I suspect something is broken in the way you create your images, especially
as we've had no problems at all with the official images (which have been
updated fairly recently).

Maybe you're failing to run 'depmod -a' at the correct time?