Re: [RFC] Script to build installer from SVN

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> On Monday 16 February 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
>> What's not addressed by this is the case of a language being activated
>> with its translations suddenly flowing down to dozens of packages
>> (case for Kazakh last week).
>
> It looks like you skipped over one para in my mail:
> ! The *only* valid reason I can see to do a build from SVN is when a new
> ! language has been activated and the relevant translator wants to see how
> ! it looks. But in that case such a build can much better be done on an
> ! ad-hoc basis.
>
> And the existing buildpackage script already can do this for you!
> Especially with the change Colin committed today.

Yes, with the change Colin has commited today my script gives too few
benefit against buildscript so I'll probably just drop it.

I'll later see if some ideas I've done in my script could be used on
buildscript to make it easier to be keep up to date; besides that I
think we should keep on it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116